DownloadGet it now.
Current version is 0.7.1 (10/23/09) beta.
IMPORTANT: Flashterm is currently in OPEN BETA. Use it at your own risk.
Contains only Flashterm client and settings files.
IMPORTANT: As of version 0.4, the width and height of Flashterm have changed. If you're upgrading, change the width to 650 and height to 440 in your HTML. If you're unsure, reference index.html in the full release.
Flash Player requires a policy file be served for any socket communication (reference). Maxim Sprey's PHP socket server (flashsocket.php) has been included in the full download, however there are a variety solutions online for other scripting languages (reference).
1. Ensure your version of PHP is 4 or above.
2. Check that php.ini has the line extension=php_sockets.dll uncommented.
3. Change the $host attribute in flashsocket.php to reflect your telnet server IP (eg. $host = "192.168.1.100";)
4. Open a port on your router/firewall for the socket policy server. Flash Player defaults to port 843, but that can be changed by modifying the port settings in flashsocket.php and settings.xml.
5. Run the process (eg. php -f flashsocket.php).
Special Note: Steve Winn has developed a great Win32 policy server specific for Flashterm. This is highly recommended for Windows users.
If you'd like to learn more about policy files, the following links are a good place to start:
Edit settings.xml and change the name, address, and port attributes to the appropriate values for your telnet server.
Optional: If you'd like to change the location of your settings xml, simply add the following parameter to the flashvars object in your HTML: flashvars.settings = "mypath/mysettings.xml";
Optional: You can add a logo graphic that is displayed before the user connects by changing the logo_graphic attribute to the appropriate JPG, GIF, or PNG location. If the attribute is left blank, nothing will display.
Optional: You can change the default font by changing the default_font attribute to any of the following: 80x25, 80x50, Pot Noodle, Topaz. If the attribute is left blank, 80x25 will display.
Copy the files to your web server.